Pour chaque panneau une énigme... Creusez-vous les méninges pour trouver le bon mot. L’ensemble des 18 mots vous donnera la solution finale.
L’Eglise de la Présentation de Jésus au Seigneur est très ancienne.
A l’intérieur, il y a :
des papes sont venus à Mauguio.
Le pape est le chef de l’Eglise Catholique.
Les Halles se trouvaient face à l’Hôtel de Ville.
Ces Halles ont été détruites.
Avant, les Halles servaient :
© European Easy-to-read Logo : Inclusion Europe.
Plus d’informations sur www.inclusion-europe.org
The Church and Market Hall
A chapel located on the site of the present church was first mentioned in 1128. The construction of the present building dates from 1698. The official name is "Church of the Presentation of Jesus to the Lord", it was named after one of the paintings inside.
It houses a triptych classified as a Historic Monument, attributed to the 17th century painter Antoine Ranc: "The Presentation of Jesus in the Temple", "Saint Augustine" and "Saint James".
In the chapel on the right of the church, a marble stele recalls the importance of the county of Melgueil in medieval times. The four popes represented: Urban II, Gelasius II, Calixtus II and Alexander III were the guests of the counts and lords of the place between 1096 and 1165. The Cathedral of Maguelone was then considered the second church after Rome.
The market hall occupied the width of the square, opposite the town hall. Built in 1860, this structure was demolished in 1957. Nowadays, a covered market is still held almost every day. It serves as a meeting place for pensioners, a waiting place for travellers and a shelter for all on rainy days. The ball takes place here on feast days.
Photo : The church and the covered market at the beginning of the 20th century.